This is a tough conversation, but it is important to be aware of the way our kids’ nutrition impacts mood, concentration, focus, and overall health. Nutrition plays a direct role in neurotransmitter function, so we can’t have an honest conversation about kids’ mental health without addressing nutrition!
Dr. Joan Ifland, PhD, MBA, FACN, is a Nutrition Researcher & Processed Food Addiction Counselor. Dr. Ifland is a Fellow of the American College of Nutrition and she holds her PhD in Addictive Nutrition. She has 20 years’ experience in the field of food addiction and recovery. The Founder of Food Addiction Reset, Dr. Ifland is a leading expert in the field, author of the textbook on the topic. Processed food marketed to children has a powerful impact on their brain function with long-term consequences.
Download this episode here or find wherever you get podcasts.
- The effect of processed food on developing brains
- How food marketing impacts kids’ brains and cognitive function
- The four step process companies use to create addiction in children
- What parents can do to protect their kids from addictive substances
- How the need to belong factors in and creates addictive behaviors
- The long-term impact of processed food on the brain
Go to processedfoodaddiction.com or foodaddictionreset.com to start your healing journey.
Sponsor: proven, quality sleep is life-changing sleep. Discover special offers now at sleepnumber.com/wholeness.