Stop what you’re doing and check in with your breathing. Is it slow and controlled or short and shallow? The effect on your body is a huge difference, believe it or not.
Justin Ternes is a Doctor of Physical Therapy, Mental/Emotional Health Coach, Breathwork Facilitator and Human Performance Optimizer. His work is centered on three main pillars: psychophysiology, pain science and breathwork. Dr. Ternes is passionate about helping every patient/client address their physical and/or emotional pain, distress and life limitations in order to find long-term health and fulfilling quality of life. In his spare time he studies and practices a variety of mind-body approaches so he can continually learn new ways to help patients holistically create physical and mental resiliency. He regularly hosts Men’s Mental & Social Health Workshops, as well as Holistic Breathwork Retreats. Residing in San Diego, CA, Justin is a nature-lover, community builder, and passionate teacher of his work.
Download and listen here or find wherever you get podcasts.
- How Dr. Ternes got into the mind-body connection
- How breath impacts the nervous system – for better or worse
- Why taping your mouth shut can benefit your health
- Using breathwork to become more kind/body aware
- How men are disconnected from emotions and overly connected to stress
- The association with chronic pain and negative emotions
Follow Dr. Justin at trueself.health on Instagram.
Thanks to our sponsor, Sleep Number. Proven, quality sleep is life-changing sleep. Learn more at sleepnumber.com/wholeness.