Eli Weinstein is a therapist and parenting coach who has worked in a psych hospital, intense outpatient clinic and currently runs his own private practice in NY + NV. He created ELIvation, The Dude Therapist Podcast and became a therapist to fill a need and create a modern outlook on mental health to create a more digestible and relatable view on mental health to help those in struggling times and add some extra inspiration and motivation into everyday life. Eli has been featured on Kelly Clarkson show, The Trauma Therapist, Mimosas With Moms, Holding Space, Breaking Taboo, Therapy Thoughts w/ Tiffany Roe and on multiple podcast ranging from parenting, relationships, mental health and infertility.
In this episode, we cover the topic of parenting in the modern age, how to connect emotionally with our kids instead of stressing them out, and how to be a calm and connected parent.
Download and listen to this episode here, or find wherever you get podcasts.
- How parenting advice has changed over the years
- How to look at the context of the situation for each individual child
- Nervous system regulation for parents and kids
- How to stay away from comparing parenting styles
- Myths of connected parenting
- How to be on the same page with your partner in parenting
Find Eli on Instagram at @eliweinstein_lcsw, check out with podcast The Dude Therapist or work with him at http://www.eliweinsteinlcsw.com.