We are in the middle of a serious mental health epidemic (I feel like a broken record when I repeat that statement). More and more people are suffering from anxiety, depression, and other mental illnesses that ever before. We have medication and talk therapy, but how many people are actually receiving relief from their symptoms and actually getting better?
This recent podcast episode with Dr. Josh Friedman tackles why we are stalled in our current mental health care treatments, and he proposes ways to get unstuck.
Dr. Josh Friedman earned his doctorate in Psychology from New York University and did post-doctoral training in Psychoanalysis from the Training and Research Institute for Self Psychology (TRISP) in New York City. After working in the field for a few years, he realized that something was missing from traditional mental health treatment. Curiosity and a chance meeting led him to discover the world of Nutritional Psychology, which teaches that many psychological issues are caused or made worse by underlying biochemical/nutritional deficiencies. Dr. Josh started Alternative Mental Health Solution to help people find and fix the ROOT cause of their mental health struggles.
Download this episode here or find wherever you get podcasts.
- How Dr. Friedman saw a need for more tools in his psychology practice
- The gut-brain connection and the chemical imbalance theory of depression
- How cellular methylation and the copper/zinc balance impact mental health
- What to do when medication stops working
- How to move past a disordered eating mentality
- How to find the best treatment plan individualized to your needs
- How modern food and nutrient deficiencies impact our mental health
Learn more about Dr. Friedman’s work at his website.
Get 20% off your first order of Native deodorant at nativedeo.com/spark or use the code spark.