A regular practice of meditation increases gray matter in your brain, which can help with decision-making, empathy, memory, and of course – improved mood and focus. (I write more about the topic here).
But how do we make it practical and work in our crazy, busy lives?
In this packed episode of the podcast, we cover the importance of mindfulness and meditation, why they help, and how to incorporate them into our daily lives. Colleen Long is President of Adventum Mental Health Network in East Texas. She is a Registered 200 hour Yoga Teacher, Master Reiki Practitioner, and creator of all things Adventum.
She opens up and shares vulnerably about overcoming head trauma and grief and how quieting her mind changed her life and led her to start a movement for mental health in her East Texas community.
Download here or listen wherever you get podcasts!
- Colleen’s mental health story and how meditation and mindfulness played a role in her healing
- How the Adventum Mental Health Network was started
- How to have a daily practice of meditation
- Different examples of meditation and breathing exercises
- Tuning into your body and losing judgment toward yourself
- A brief intro into reiki and energy healing and why it’s not as “woo woo” as you may think
Learn more about Adventum at adventumnetwork.org or find Adventum on Instagram @adventumnetwork
Don’t forget to get your free cup of yogurt from Forager Project at this link!
Get $100 off your first month of therapy with Talkspace at talkspace.com with the code sparkingwholeness.