More and more Americans struggle to fall asleep and stay asleep on a consistent basis. We need all the practical tools and tips to support healthy sleep, and that’s what this episode is all about!
Dr. Sanam Hafeez is a neuropsychologist in New York City. She is also faculty at Columbia University. Her website Comprehend the Mind is here.
Dr. Hafeez has been a trusted and recurring expert across media channels for top outlets such as The Wallstreet Journal, The Washington Post, HuffPost, The New York Times, Bustle, Elite Daily, Refinery29, Prevention, Health, Healthline and on TV for such shows and news as Dr. Oz, The Doctors, CNN, CBS NY Weekend News, and FOX.
Download this episode here or find wherever you get podcasts!
Key Topics: –
- Why 40-50% of Americans are struggling with sleep, more so than ever before
- What is circadian rhythm and why it matters
- How sleep impacts mental health and replenishes the brain
- How anxiety starts at night
- The ritual to have to prepare for sleep
- Tips to try to support better sleep
- The best way to calm an anxious brain at bedtime
- How parents can use kids’ bedtime to take time to develop their own sleep hygiene
Sponsor: Ritual vitamins – get 10% off your first three months at ritual.com/spark.