What do you do when your mental health is suffering and nothing you try helps? Are there options beyond the traditional treatment plans? Where can you find support?
#SameHere is an organization founded by Eric Kussin after he experienced 2 and a half years of suffering from a mental health crisis that briefly interrupted his career as a sports executive.
In this episode, you’ll learn Eric’s story in detail, and you’ll also hear from psychiatrist Dr. Andrew Pleener, who is the leader of the Same Here Psych Alliance and advocates for multiple healing modalities when it comes to psychiatry.
Listen here or listen and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts!
- Eric’s story and how he got to the root of his issues after digging through his trauma
- How mental health is a continuum and the problem with using phrases like “stop the stigma”
- The non-medication healing modalities that Same Here brings awareness to
- The STARR exercises that improve mental fitness, as the “gym for the brain”
- The importance of creating community support and awareness for mental health
- Why you can’t use the same tool over and over to improve mental health – you need more!
- Mental health treatment shouldn’t be a one size fits all plan.
- The work Same Here is doing with schools and businesses
- How you can get involved
To learn more, go to https://samehereglobal.org
Follow on Twitter: @samehere_global
Follow on Instagram: @samehere_global