Sometimes I play a game with myself to see how many veggies I can get into one dish. It’s a perfect game to play with this delicious and easy baked cod recipe. I got the original recipe from a friend, tweaked it a bit for my family’s tastes, and the result is melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness!
Click here to get instant access!
- 4 Tbsp grass fed butter (room temperature)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped basil
- 16 oz. cod (four 4 oz filets)
- 2 lemons
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Make a paste of the fats, spices, herbs, and about 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Coat each piece of fish with the butter/herb mixture.
- Top with remaining sliced lemon.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until fish is flaky and done. Serve with more lemon juice, if desired!
Adjust the recipe according to how much cod you have or how many family members. With fish, I typically err on the side of more seasoning, but do what your tastebuds desire!