Lisa and Alana MacFarlane are identical twins in every way – except when it comes to gut health. They became the ‘chief guinea pigs’ for the British Gut project where they discovered that despite having 100% the same DNA their guts have only 40% the same microbiota.
In their debut book The Gut Stuff, the dynamic duo offer a fun-filled, fact-packed, achievable guide to better health. In this fun and informative episode, we cover all the basics of gut health in a fun way!
Download and listen here or listen wherever you get podcasts!
- Background on The Gut Project
- The gut/stress connection
- How this book is different from other gut health books
- Your gut on alcohol
- The concern for orthopedic
- The importance of fiber for good gut bacteria
- Individualization of eating for gut health
- Importance of lifestyle factors
- How to embrace fermented foods
- The most surprising thing they learned about gut health
Get all the best tips on having a healthy gut on their website, thegutstuff.com
Get $100 off your first month of online therapy with Talkspace at Talkspace.com and use the code sparkingwholeness.