Navigating female health issues is a topic I haven’t targeted for the Sparking Wholeness podcast. So I was THRILLED to interview the amazing gynecologist, Dr. Kamilia Smith. She has a refreshing take on empowering women to be their own health advocates.
Dr. Smith is an OB/GYN and Founder of Charleston House Gynecology Dallas, Texas, which offers a new approach to women’s healthcare and wellness inspired by the needs of the modern woman.
In this episode, we uncover all the hot topics in women’s health today. Download wherever you get podcasts, or click to download here.
- The importance of doing work from the top down
- The “common” concerns that may not be normal or optimal
- How women should thrive, not survive
- Signs of healthy ovulation and menstrual cycles
- What to do with estrogen dominance and mystery weight gain
- Insulin resistance and the effect on hormones
- The rise in PCOS and what we know about it
- Changes in sexual desire and what to do about it
- Navigating PMS and perimenopause
- The brain/hormone/stress connection
To learn more about Dr. Smith, head to charlestonhousegyn.com and follow on Instagram: @charlestonhousegyn