Navigating female health issues is a topic I haven’t targeted for the Sparking Wholeness podcast. So I was THRILLED to interview the amazing gynecologist, Dr. Kamilia Smith. She has a refreshing take on empowering women to be their own health advocates.
Dr. Smith is an OB/GYN and Founder of Charleston House Gynecology Dallas, Texas, which offers a new approach to women’s healthcare and wellness inspired by the needs of the modern woman.
- The importance of doing work from the top down
- The “common” concerns that may not be normal or optimal
- How women should thrive, not survive
- Signs of healthy ovulation and menstrual cycles
- What to do with estrogen dominance and mystery weight gain
- Insulin resistance and the effect on hormones
- The rise in PCOS and what we know about it
- Changes in sexual desire and what to do about it
- Navigating PMS and perimenopause
- The brain/hormone/stress connection
To learn more about Dr. Smith, head to charlestonhousegyn.com and follow on Instagram: @charlestonhousegyn