Navigating female health issues is a topic I haven’t targeted for the Sparking Wholeness podcast. So I was THRILLED to interview the amazing gynecologist, Dr. Kamilia Smith. She has a refreshing take on empowering women to be their own health advocates.
Dr. Smith is an OB/GYN and Founder of Charleston House Gynecology Dallas, Texas, which offers a new approach to women’s healthcare and wellness inspired by the needs of the modern woman.
In this episode, we uncover all the hot topics in women’s health today. Download wherever you get podcasts, or click to download here.
- The importance of doing work from the top down
- The “common” concerns that may not be normal or optimal
- How women should thrive, not survive
- Signs of healthy ovulation and menstrual cycles
- What to do with estrogen dominance and mystery weight gain
- Insulin resistance and the effect on hormones
- The rise in PCOS and what we know about it
- Changes in sexual desire and what to do about it
- Navigating PMS and perimenopause
- The brain/hormone/stress connection
To learn more about Dr. Smith, head to charlestonhousegyn.com and follow on Instagram: @charlestonhousegyn
Esther Blum is a nutrition expert I have looked up to for quite a while! She is the bestselling author of Cavewomen Don’t Get Fat, Eat Drink and Be Gorgeous, Secrets of Gorgeous, and The Eat, Drink and Be Gorgeous Project. As an Integrative Dietitian and High Performance Coach, she provides 360 degrees of healing with physical, psychological, emotional, and spiritual support. She has appeared on Dr. Oz, the Today Show, A Healthy You with Carol Alt, the ISAAC show, ABC-TV, FOX- 5’s Good Day NY, and Fox News Live. Esther is also frequently quoted in E!Online, In Touch, Time Magazine, The New York Post, The Los Angeles Times, In Style, Bazaar, Self, Fitness, Marie Claire, and Cosmo.
In this jam-packed episode of the Sparking Wholeness podcast, we discuss the following topics:
- How to detox properly
- How to improve hormone function
- Why protein is essential and why you may not be eating enough
- Why managing stress should be foundational to health
- What does leaky gut have to do with health and how to improve it
- The real deal with gluten
- How to hack the immune system
- Practical sleep tips
- How finding wholeness starts within
You can schedule a call with Esther here, and the first 12 people who respond get a FREE consultation!
Listen to the episode on iTunes here or my show page here.