I strive to eat veggies at every meal, but typically, time works against me. I’m not great at meal prepping, though I should be. Dinners are always planned out ahead of time with the husband before he goes grocery shopping, but lunch as a work at home mom is tricky. “Mindful eating” is not my friend during lunchtime chaos. I usually do whatever I can to get the kids fed and the littlest down for a nap. By the time I get to eat, I want to shovel something crunchy and processed in my mouth and be done with it.
Enter the 7 Minute Supermom Saute. It’s fast, filled with superfoods, and helps me to perform as a supermom. Food is mood. I need my adrenals to be fully functioning throughout the afternoon.
It is so so simple. I start with avocado oil (or sometimes if I’m feeling decadent, Kerrygold grass-fed butter). Then I add shredded kale and cabbage and whatever else I have in the pan. I stir until all veggies are softer and glistening. I add whatever seasonings I can throw on quickest (garlic powder, salt, and pepper are the usual 3), and I put in a bowl. Then I fry up an egg or two and add those on top. Side note – my fried eggs look so messy and horrible. It’s an art that I am currently working on. Don’t let this deter you from trying it out. It’s so good!
The Green Goddess salad dressing from Trader Joe’s can really flavor this dish up!
Another fun thing to add – homemade sauerkraut, which I am SUPER addicted to right now.
On days when I have another few seconds to do some chopping, I’ll throw in some zucchini and squash. Sweet potatoes are great too, or any leftover meat you have on hand. But most days, I’m just throwing the easiest to grab items in the pan.
Last tip – even though it only takes 7 minutes to prepare, PLEASE do your body and mind a favor and SIT DOWN to eat this. Many days I catch myself eating while standing, mindlessly shoveling food into my mouth, but that is NOT healthy! Give your digestive enzymes time to prepare. Sit down. Take a second to breathe. Enjoy the flavors and think about how the fat in the avocado oil is helping to nourish your body as it combines with the fat soluble vitamins in the veggies. Think about how you’re doing something so nice for yourself right now and it didn’t take a long time and it wasn’t stressful. Your body will thank you.
- Avocado oil or grass-fed butter or ghee
- Shredded kale, cabbage, or other veggies (I love the Cruciferous Crunch from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 eggs
- Seasonings of your choice to taste
- Add one tablespoon of fat to a medium-sized pan on low to medium heat.
- Toss the veggies of your choice in the pan. Stir. Add a few shakes of your favorite seasonings.
- Remove veggies to a small bowl.
- Add more oil or butter to the pan. Crack open the eggs. With a spatula, shift the whites around, spreading it out a little on the pan. When they’re ready to your liking, flip the eggs.
- Transfer eggs on top of the veggies.
- Mix all that gooey yolk around (the most nutrient dense part of the egg) and enjoy!