Steve Welch is a nutrition research expert and past guest on the show. He is the co-author of the book, The Ketogenic Key. In our first episode, he shared why fat is good and doesn’t impact cholesterol the way we have been told. In this episode, we discuss why people get stuck in the cravings cycle over the holidays and how to combat that with a few easy tricks!
- How to avoid the temptation of sugary treats
- How fat keeps you full and optimizes hunger hormones
- What leptin and ghrelin are and how they regulate your eating and influence your urge to overeat
- The importance of nutrient density vs fueling on processed carbs
- The science behind a post-meal walk
- Brain-boosting benefits of exercise
- Benefits of fasted exercise
- Best post-workout fuel
- The impact of ketones on our immune system
Learn more about Steve at his website here.
Don’t forget to use the code whole20 for 20% off your vitamin and supplement needs at http://www.Swanson.com