Have you been told to stay away from egg yolks? Are you trying a low fat diet to improve your cholesterol? Is cholesterol a good indicator of health or a risk factor for disease?
We go there in this episode!
“Cholesterol is so important that your body will manufacture it if you don’t eat enough of it.” – Steve Welch
Steve is a NESTA certified Fitness Nutrition Coach and former publisher of the world renowned medical journal CHEST. His background in medical publishing provides him with insights into assessing medical and nutrition research, which he uses to educate others to improve their own health and fitness.
He is coauthor of the new book “The Ketogenic Key,” which is available in stores now.
In this episode we cover:
– Why we fear fat
– The history of low fat diets and why the data is skewed
– Why our bodies need fat to function
– The cholesterol conversation
– Carbohydrates, cholesterol, and inflammation
– How cutting extreme calories can backfire
– Individualizing the approach for YOU
This is such a fascinating interview that I hope you enjoy and learn from as much as I did!
Learn more about Steve at http://www.ketosteve.net or on Twitter at @ketosteve.