Dr. Lori Shemek is an award-winning, bestselling author of How to Fight FATflammation, The Ketogenic Key, Beginner’s Guide to Intermittent Fasting, and Fire-Up Your Fat Burn. She is a leading health and weight loss expert who has been featured in countless publications and TV shows. She is also known as “The Inflammation Terminator.”
In this episode, Dr. Shemek shares about her new book, The Ketogenic Key. She shares what the keto diet is, how ketosis benefits our mental health, benefits of intermittent fasting, how inflammation is a threat to our health and well-being, and practical ways to implement changes to your lifestyle.
Podcast is available on the show page or wherever you get your podcasts!
Key topics addressed:
- The importance of the ketogenic diet and how it isn’t a fad
- The deal with carbs and sugar
- Creating metabolic flexibility
- The difference between low carb and keto
- Intermittent fasting, autophagy, and mitochondrial biogenesis
- The raw broccoli test for hunger
- Who should not practice intermittent fasting
- Why women NEED protein as we age
- The benefits of healthy fat
- Types of inflammation and the effects
- How to do keto in real life
- What kind of alcohol is okay for keto
Her book, The Ketogenic Key, is a perfect guidebook for all things related to ketosis, and is a great way to learn how to enhance your brain and body health in an easy to understand way. It is available wherever you purchase books!