To carb or not to carb? It seems it is always the debate in nutrition these days.
Yes, we need carbs, and carbs support our mental health.
The top benefits of carbohydrates for mental health are:
- They feed good gut bugs and create a more diverse microbiome.
- They help us sleep better!
- They improve mood health.
- They keep stress hormones in check.
Continue reading “The Benefits of Carbs for Your Brain”
Get ready! I have a BRAND NEW nutritional program starting August 17 called Feast 2 Fast. It was developed by Chelsea Blackbird (aka “The Christian Nutritionist”). You may remember Chelsea from a past podcast episode called “Busting Common Health and Diet Myths.”
This program helps people reach metabolic flexibility while also gaining freedom and flexibility in food choices. It truly is a place where “real food meets real life.”
You know me. You know I don’t promote diet plans. But I do promote supporting health – body, mind, and spirit. This group tackles all three! Registration for this 4 week program starts on August 3. You can learn more and sign up by clicking here.
If you love food, hate diets, and want to learn how to support your health goals in a balanced way, this program is for you. This program aims to develop metabolic flexibility and overall health while also supporting mental health and your relationship with food through daily encouragement.
The program includes:
- An online participant portal to access all content
- Over 100 recipes that are easy and delicious
- A supportive community on Facebook
- Access to ME an my support and encouragement whenever you need it
- Short instructional videos on optimizing nutrition for OPTIMAL health
- Daily spiritual encouragement and reminders to nourish your soul
The cost of the program is $179, and I assure you, it is WELL worth it. This program checks all the boxes I look for when I want to really get to the root of food and mood!
Targeted nutritional support can be a catalyst for whole body health. Through this program, you will learn how to become empowered with your nutritional choices and how to individualize your nutrition for your lifestyle and your health goals.
Oh – and did I mention the side effects of better sleep, clear skin, decreased cravings, and super-charging your body into fat-burning mode?
I can’t wait to get started with you on this journey! We are going to learn so much together. Sign up here.
Dr. Lori Shemek is an award-winning, bestselling author of How to Fight FATflammation, The Ketogenic Key, Beginner’s Guide to Intermittent Fasting, and Fire-Up Your Fat Burn. She is a leading health and weight loss expert who has been featured in countless publications and TV shows. She is also known as “The Inflammation Terminator.”
In this episode, Dr. Shemek shares about her new book, The Ketogenic Key. She shares what the keto diet is, how ketosis benefits our mental health, benefits of intermittent fasting, how inflammation is a threat to our health and well-being, and practical ways to implement changes to your lifestyle.
Podcast is available on the show page or wherever you get your podcasts!
Key topics addressed:
- The importance of the ketogenic diet and how it isn’t a fad
- The deal with carbs and sugar
- Creating metabolic flexibility
- The difference between low carb and keto
- Intermittent fasting, autophagy, and mitochondrial biogenesis
- The raw broccoli test for hunger
- Who should not practice intermittent fasting
- Why women NEED protein as we age
- The benefits of healthy fat
- Types of inflammation and the effects
- How to do keto in real life
- What kind of alcohol is okay for keto
Her book, The Ketogenic Key, is a perfect guidebook for all things related to ketosis, and is a great way to learn how to enhance your brain and body health in an easy to understand way. It is available wherever you purchase books!