Your brain is designed to protect you and help you survive, but often it has a hard time regulating – especially when there is an overload of stored negative emotions. This episode is such a powerful breakdown of how to correct that process and find healing!
Rachelle McCloud, LCSW is a Mental Health Therapist and Emotional Wellness coach. Through years of successfully helping clients move their anxiety, depression, and trauma disorders into remission, she has developed a program that empowers people to skillfully get rid of symptoms and heal. She is also the facilitator of the Facebook group Releasing the Baggage of Anxiety, Depression, and Traumatic Stress, where she delivers free training on leading interventions that work well for getting rid of symptoms, not just coping or managing them. Her mission is to empower people to do their own healing work effectively, safely, and skillfully.
Download an listen to this episode here, or find wherever you get podcasts.
- Why we need to optimize brain function
- How the brain responds to our experiences
- Viewing symptoms as opportunities for healing
- What happens when we suppress or avoid symptoms
- How to heal emotional pain without re-traumatizing ourselves
- Rachelle’s approach to thought-filled therapy
- EMDR and its affect on trauma
- Energy medicine and how it’s not as “woo woo” as you’d think
- Practical tapping tips for kids and families
Learn more about Rachelle’s work at rachellemccloud.com