Can your brain become addicted to processed food? According to recent podcast guest Dr. Joan Ifland, who recently published the textbook on processed food addiction, our brains are extremely susceptible to processed food addiction. In this recent episode, she explains why we get addicted to processed food, how the food companies encourage it, and how the healthcare system gaslights patients who can’t get out of the addiction cycle.
Download and listen to the episode here, or find wherever you get podcasts.
Dr. Joan Ifland, PhD, MBA, FACN, is a Nutrition Researcher and Processed Food Addiction Counselor. Dr. Ifland is a Fellow of the American College of Nutrition and she holds her PhD in Addictive Nutrition. Ifland is a graduate of Stanford University and has 20 years’ experience in the field of food addiction and recovery. The Founder of Food Addiction Reset, Dr. Ifland is a leading expert in the field and she’s been interviewed by The Oprah Winfrey Network, Fox News, KTLA, in Shape, Fortune, Prevention, Martha Stewart Weddings, U.S. News, and many others.
- The hidden addictive substances in food
- The connection between chronic disease and processed food
- The mental health impact of processed food
- How to treat the addiction to processed food
- Gaslighting in modern healthcare
- Understanding the primary need driving our addiction
- The problem with diet foods – and how they’re not much better
Thanks to our sponsors:
Proven quality sleep is life-changing sleep at sleepnumber.com/wholeness.
Save 10% and get free shipping at magbreakthrough.com/spark. Use the code spark at checkout.