The inner dialogue you engage matters for the health of your whole body. We have so much science to support that what you think affects the health of your entire body. Dr. Caroline Leaf is a pioneer in neuroscience research and she is changing the way we think about brain health.
In this episode, we explore her recent research and dig into neuroplasticity and why you aren’t stuck with the brain you have. Download here or download wherever you get podcasts.
Dr. Caroline Leaf is a communication pathologist and cognitive neuroscientist with a Masters and PhD in Communication Pathology and a BSc Logopaedics, specializing in cognitive and metacognitive neuropsychology. She is the bestselling author of Switch on Your Brain, Think Learn Succeed, Think and Eat Yourself Smart, and many more, including her latest book, Cleaning Up Your Mental Mess.
Dr. Leaf is currently conducting clinical trials using the 5-step program she developed while in private practice to further demonstrate the effectiveness of mind-directed techniques to help relieve mental ill-health problems such as anxiety, depression and intrusive thoughts.
- How the discovery of neuroplasticity changes the way we think about the brain
- Your mind can drive the changes in your brain because what you think about the most grows
- How her research supports it takes 63 days to form a habit
- The negative side of neuroplasticity
- Effect of toxic thoughts on the body
- Viewing depression and anxiety as symptoms
- How the Neurocycle method changes the brain
- The brain affects the health of your whole body
You can learn more about Dr. Leaf at drleaf.com.
Get $100 off your first month of online therapy at talkspace.com/sparkingwholeness. Use the code sparkingwholeness.