The blood sugar conversation is more important than ever. We have to understand how to manage our blood sugar before it starts managing us. Like most “common” health concerns, it shouldn’t have to be normal to have blood sugar that is on a continual roller coaster.
Kris DeFoer is a Nutritional Therapist and owner of Happy Body Health. She is passionate about helping women optimize their nutrition and lifestyles to look and feel their best. She believes that healthy digestion and blood sugar regulation are critical to good health and that a healthy diet and lifestyle can address many of the chronic issues that people deal with today.
This discussion with Kris breaks down why we want to fuel our bodies with food that helps to stabilize our blood sugar, and keep our brain and immune systems strong! Download the episode here or find wherever you listen to podcasts!
– What blood sugar is and why we should care about it
– The difference between hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia
– Kris’ history with dieting and finding a way to regulate her blood sugar naturally
– How many meals a day should I actually eat?
– The stress and blood sugar connection
– What to eat to support a healthy insulin response
– How to eat enough nutrients
– How to support a healthy immune system through food
– The key to salad-building (and a listener challenge)
Learn more about Kris and sign up for her informative emails at Happy Body Health.