I may sound like a broken record, but learning to handle and process trauma is such a crucial part of whole body healing. In the latest episode of the Sparking Wholeness podcast, I speak with Suzanne Simpson, owner of Renewed Life Counseling, all about the effects of trauma in our life and how to break free.
Suzanne is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Board Certified Life Coach, author, and speaker who works with people to help set them free from emotional traumas so they can live a more victorious life.
Her newest book, Lost & Restored: Healing Your Heart with the Father, is a faith-based approach to digging into your life’s events that have significantly impacted you.
In this episode, we discuss the impact of trauma, how it is stored in the cells of the body, and how to find healing through a variety of new and different modalities beyond traditional talk therapy.
Listen to the episode here or wherever you find podcasts.
- The physical effects of stored trauma
- How there are different modalities to healing from trauma
- What happens when we don’t process our trauma
- Why trauma affects people differently
- How to befriend our feelings
- Different healing methods
- Triggers for fight or flight
- Generational impact of trauma
- Long term impact of social isolation
- What to do when feeling triggered
To get a copy of her book, click here.