Mystery symptoms like brain fog, fatigue, and frequent headaches? Unable to lose weight no matter what you try? Skin issues? Bathroom problems? You might be struggling from toxic overload!
Diana Edwards is the founder and CEO of Optimally You and co-owner of Revolution Health and Wellness and Against the Grain Podcast with her husband, Dr. Chad Edwards. She is an expert on environmental toxins and their impact on our health.
In this episode, we learn about all the sneaky toxins we encounter day to day that impact our mental functioning, hormones, and so much more!
- Diana’s health journey, how every traditional treatment failed her until she learned how to treat the root
- Common household/environmental toxins and their effect
- How these toxins overload our body
- The danger of commonly used cleaning supplies
- Simple ways we can reduce our toxic load in cost effective ways
- How to support detoxification pathways, especially if you have the MTHFR gene mutation
- Why some people have a harder time detoxing than others
- How you know if you are struggling with toxicity
To learn more about Diana, head to her website here.
This episode is sponsored by Forager Project, a company with 100% organic plant-based products like kefir, milk, yogurt, and sour cream. To learn more about Forager, head to: http://www.foragerproject.com/vote
Ali Miller is a registered dietitian, integrative functional medicine practitioner, and author of Naturally Nourished, The Anti-Anxiety Diet, and The Anti-Anxiety Diet Cookbook.
In this episode we discuss the concept of food as mood, how neurotransmitters play a role in gut health, and how your stress response affects your overall health – from mental wellness to reproductive function to immune health.
She explains the 6 approaches she takes to restoring our bodies to their rightful state, how to biohack our bodies and create metabolic flexibility – and simple tools to reducing panic and anxiety during times of stress.
Key topics covered in this episode:
- Blood sugar regulation is key to balancing mood.
- The imbalance of our stress response in the HPA axis and how “the body has to feel safe to do well.”
- Reduce inflammation, reset the microbiome, repair the gut lining, restore micronutrients, rebound the adrenal glands, and rebalance neurotransmitters.
- What excessive screen time does for our dopamine.
- How 90% of serotonin is produced in the gut and why probiotics can be nature’s Prozac.
- Breath is the most powerful way to harness the HPA axis and how to use mantras.
- How she uses a strategic ketogenic approach with her clients and the reasons it has been beneficial for so many of them.
To download and listen to the full episode, click here. For the link to iTunes, click here.
To learn more about Ali and her work, head to http://www.alimillerrd.com or check out her podcast at http://www.naturallynourishedrd.com.