Everyone knows creating a healthy marriage means putting in the work, but what work is valuable and what are some good ways to get started?
This episode dives deep into all the important marriage topics – with a brain health twist! Download and listen here or find wherever you get your podcasts.
Bill O’Herron, LCSW, is a corporate executive, practicing therapist, and writer who seeks to use his 33 years of financial sales management experience, 24 years of marriage, 15 years of counseling clients, and 8,500 hours of sitting quietly to help his clients better understand themselves and deepen their relationships.
- Male and female brain differences and how that impacts marriage
- How the male brain develops differently than the female brain
- Healthy emotional self-regulation instead of partner regulation
- How relationships are the most important thing in life
- Chronic stress’ impact on relationships
- Reticular activating system: how it works and how it kills the marriage
- How relaxing can trigger old memories and activity causes us to avoid self
- Tuning in with your 4th grade self and why that matters
- The deeper emotions that anger covers up
Learn more about Bill and his counseling practice at Wholecounseling.com and grab his book, Waking Up Marriage.
Get 20% off your first order of Ancient Nutrition collagen when you use the code sparking at checkout.